Overview

Assistant Vet Surgeon Thirsk

Job description: We are currently looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon to work in a famous 24 hour veterinary centre in North Yorkshire which hosted a famous veterinary tv show. We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills and who always strives to deliver first class care to the clients and who is confident in their ability and passionate about Veterinary Medicine. We also need candidates with a good all round experience in different fields of surgery and medicine (there are two different roles available). You will be provided continuous support both in practice and through a fantastic training centre. You will be able to use state of the art equipment which will allow you to keep progressing within the profession.

This is a mixed practice with a varied caseload usually 75% small animal and the remaining 25% divided between large animal and equine which would suit an experienced all round veterinary surgeon. There is also another opportunity for a veterinary surgeon involving purely work with small animals.

Location details: The practice is located in Thirsk, a small market town in North Yorkshire. Thirsk is very popular tourist destination close to the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors. Thirsk is located 24 miles north of York and is a fantastic place to live for someone who enjoys the nature and explore the outdoors.

Salary and benefits: Further to the possibility of working at one of the most famous veterinary centres in the UK, there is on offer a very competitive salary as well as on site accommodation or alternatively a generous monthly allowance. This is a 4 day week position and you have to work 1 in 4 full weekends.  A car is also provided or allowance as well as £1,500 CPD allowance with three days’ CPD leave and in-house CPD training, 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays and fantastic career progression opportunities. There are many other benefits available including paid VDS, RCVS and BVA fees.

Start date: ASAP. To apply please send your updated CV together with your RCVS registration details.