Veterinary Clinical Director East Yorkshire
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house CT machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
A new role has arisen within Medivet for a Clinical Director to manage and support our Swanland 24 hour hospital.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Vet with extensive clinical experience who is seeking to take their next career step. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver outstanding care and service and strengthen the relationship between the hospital, the branches and the wider Medivet community.
The position is working 4 days per week plus 1 in 3 Saturdays or 1:6 Saturdays/Sundays, to ensure continual management oversight of these practices.
All of our salary packages are negotiable, we offer a competitive basic salary alongside benefits such as:
Accommodation allowance £5,400 PA.
Vehicle Allowance £2,500 PA.
CPD allowance: £1,500 per annum + 3 days CPD leave.
RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid by Medivet.
5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
Long service rewards.
24 hour access to wellbeing support and employee assistance program.
HapiBenefits – Exclusive discounts on entertainment, retail and meals out.
Roles and responsibilities include, but not exclusively:
• Management of a team of vets, including performance management, succession planning and CPD plans.
• Working alongside the regional team to identify opportunities for practice growth.
• Maintaining high clinical standards.
• Supporting the practice manager with the investigation and management of complaints.
• Working alongside the head nurses to ensure that the nursing team is running in the most efficient and appropriate way.
• Liaising closely with the regional team and the practice manager to ensure correct implementation of Medivet policies and procedures.
• Building relationships between all staff and the regional branches to encourage implementation of the “Medivet Model”.
• Ensuring a client and patient-care focussed culture exists within the practice
Skills and experience
• An experienced vet (5 years UK experience) who is able to perform most standard emergency surgeries and manage complex medical cases.
• A good leader who is excited by the opportunity of developing other veterinary surgeons, new graduates and a nursing team.
• An individual who is excited by the prospect of a challenge and is keen to use their skills to advance the practice and the team.
• An organised individual who is confident in using computer programmes such as Word, Outlook, Excel and Teams.
• An individual who demonstrates initiative and business acumen.
• It would be desirable that the individual has managed teams before.
The Swanland 24 hour hospital is a busy 3 Tier Hospital complete with seven branch surgeries and sees an interesting, busy and varied caseload. This role is based at the main hospital working alongside our certificate holders in Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging and Exotic Species and our other experienced vets, nurses and managers. We take pride in our collaborative approach and one team culture.
We have an extremely loyal clients base and we are active in the local community.
You will be working within beautiful, well-equipped practices and have access to modern facilities including digital X-ray, Doppler ultrasound, hydrotherapy suite, endoscopy and a CT diagnostic suite at our Hospital.
To apply, please forward your CV